Friday, February 12, 2010

Mortgage Guy: Part 3

Can you believe there's a Mortgage Guy III? Well, neither can I....
It bothered me that he never replied – bothered me a whole lot. Something’s not right; so last weekend while I was up in Catskill Mountains,  I wrote Mortgage Guy a rather nice email – short but to the point - I figured I should take the high road and just take a chance.

Part of that email read, “I haven’t heard from you, so maybe along the way you misconstrued something, or maybe I did – or maybe it’s something else altogether…… Regardless, here I am; being as open and as honest with you as possible, in hopes that we can end this on a positive note.......or start again.”

*Poink*

The lobbed the ball over to his side of the court. My thought process was if he didn’t respond, then I knew it wasn’t me. It was him. Not me.
It was a success, because he answered. We decided to make to see each other again.  He indicated he was going to be busy, but assured me that he would still have time to see me, “I promise, if you drive up this weekend, I will definitely show up this time.”  It wasn't an apology for the previous faux pas, but at least it was an acknowledgment.

Valentine’s Day would be that weekend we would see each other, and I don’t even want to think about it.  Blah. It’s an over-rated holiday in my eyes, plus I just want to make it to my second date with Mortgage Guy! That’s all…just a second date.

Because we had already done the coffee thing, I was thinking he was gong to want to see me Saturday night. So, I send out an email to update the  Hen House and ask them to suggest something low-key, quiet, comfortable with good ambiance for coffee or a cocktail, (preferably the later).  Hell, so much has changed in Manchester since I lived there, that I'm not familiar with anything anymore.  Help!

Julie, Brigitte and Denise chimed in and suggested: Karma (the hookah bar), Bedford Village Inn - Wine Bar, Unwine’d, Z on Elm Street, or Firefly.

Ladies, thank you for the suggestions:
Bedford Village Inn - is stunning! They have come a LONG way since I was there 10 years ago. The decor is fabulous and is appropriate. The last time I was there, it was yelling "We are still stuck in the 80's," with their plaid and floral wall paper. Kinda like that time we walked into the "newly decorated" Derryfield, and they wanted to charge us a fee to get in. Uh, excuse me...but you want to charge 6 pretty girls an entrance fee, and you hardly have any people in there right now? Yes, let me pay YOU, because I'm so impressed with the "shock and awe" effect your wallpaper and plastic plants are having on me right now! No thanks!  Thank God, BVI has stepped up and invested in a designer!  http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/

Unwine’d - I've been there several times with Julie back in 2004 (yes, Julie, it's been that long) and even though I LOVE their whole concept, their decor throws me right off! NOT CUTE AT ALL! *shudders* Actually, it's horrible. They desperately need to move out of that location or get a designer to help them out – it's obvious there used to be a Chinese restaurant in there before it became Unwine'd. http://www.unwined.net/

Z on Elm - is one step above Unwine'd in my eyes, not even knowing how their food will be - but right now I need ambiance. Love their concept, but I was really surprised at their mediocre decor, especially seeing that the owner is from California. However, he did score points for using locally grown produce. *ding*  http://www.zfoodanddrink.com/

Firefly - HAS IT GOING ON!!!!!! Holy cow poop! I looked at their website, and they definitely had $$$$$ to invest in doing it right. But it worked. That is my first choice! Hopefully it won't be too loud in there.  http://www.fireflynh.com/

Karma - Great place, but the cigar smell can give me a head-ache, plus it’s BYOB.

(Did I just give my first review?)

Firefly it is....and I'll be sure we go there early, just in case those stupid, annoying Valentine's couples are out celebrating early!



10:12am TEXT
MORTGAGE GUY: Good morning, girl.  So, Starbucks tomorrow morning?

*blink-blink*

You've got to be kidding me!!!!  Ok......ok....ok.....I'm going to be Zen, and just go with it.

CARRIE:  Of course.  What time?

MORTGAGE GUY:  10am works for me.

CARRIE:  10am it is!


*smacks head*


I wonder what Steve of "Tough Love" would say about all of this.....  Regardless, I'm going to go to bed and read my book.

Day #5 - done! 

Nighty-night!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO, Ummmm.....the follow up please! If it makes you feel any better, my weekend was not as planned....*HUGE SAD FACE*
    I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete