Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day #20 No TV/No POF

Twenty days in....and it's been hard, I won't lie.

Like I said in my last posting, I haven’t turned on my TV, but I am guilty of watching "Food, Inc." which was fabulous, and a MUST READ for everyone. I hear it’s coming out on PBS in April, but that’s a whole two months away. Go rent it now – you can thank me later.

I do like educational films, and romantic comedies – even dramas. It’s just nice for a change of pace to get involved in somebody else’s romantic pitfalls, besides my own.

Stephen King's memoir on writing - can you believe I’m on page 209?! As I get closer and closer to the ending, I’ve come to realize something about myself, and why I have a hard time finishing a book. Get this - I stop reading or slow down my reading, because I don’t want the book to end. How ridiculous is THAT?

And..................how ridiculous is it that I keeping wanting to spell “ridiculous” with an “e”!

R-E-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. Isn’t that the way it’s pronounced?

Look at that…I actually have paragraphs on a page! I’m writing! Woo-hoo! God - I thought I had writer's block there for a while!  I had myself convinced I did, until I wrote to my wonderful Auntie Holly last night on Facebook.  I realized, after I cranked out this long-ass email, that I didn’t have writer’s block after all! Clearly, I have a lot to say.  Well, at least I did last night.   Hell, that email was proofed once - then I hit the send button, and I was done!

Today, in the hopes to do some writing, I decided to change location where I sit. I moved from my bedroom desk, which overlooks the snow-covered back yard, to the kitchen. Julio is in Atlanta for work, and Anthony is at work until 10:00pm tonight. So, I’ve got the whole house to myself!  And, here I sit in our beautiful, overly-decorated French Provincial kitchen.

DC Dude, if you are reading this (and no it’s not a flippin’ "prerequisite," you big, dorky closet writer!) change locations in your house when you write helps boost the creativity. Just a suggestion…..

Where was I? Oh, yes. I was justifying watching movies on my computer, when I’m supposed to be 30-days TV free. Yes, I watched “Food, Inc,” but that wasn’t all. I’ve also been watching a 6-disk movie series called “John Adams.” God, what a great history lesson that was – I learned so much. And, is it a coincidence that after watching the movie, I joined the NRA on Facebook?


Pro-Choice and Pro-NRA….which party is that?

I’m telling you, we’ve got to get rid of these political parties. I can’t be one, without being another! I'm a little of BOTH parties!

Wouldn't that be something?  No Republican party, no Democrat party, no "us" versus "them."  The politicians would (hopefully) get more work done.  

Today, politicians can't agree on anything.  Progress is constantly being held up in the Senate and the House - it's an abomination! Where is everyone’s integrity?  They were elected by their constituents, and yet all they care about are the progress of their careers, rather than progress for our country.  Horrible.  It's like becoming a doctor for the money, rather than because you want to help people. It's as frustrating to me, as wanting to put an “e” in ridiculous!

(Nice bunny trail, Carrie!)

So, back to my original point of writing this post - my 30 days.  Again, with all my "cheating" it's been hard, but it hasn't.  Giving up online dating on PlentyofFish.com hasn't been too hard to do at all!  However, for a while, I couldn't understand why I was still getting emails, when I had deleted all my photo's from my profile.  The other day I decided to find out why I was still getting mail, and noticed that I had one photo still posted!  No wonder I was still getting mail!

Beth, much to your dismay, I did have to write a couple people and gently turn them down, with an explanation of why. I just thought that as kind and sweet as they were - that they deserved a reply.  So, I explained to them that I'm not living in NH - but NJ, and it would be wrong of me to try to start something without living locally full-time, but that it was on the horizon. 

One of the replies came back saying this:

"When are you going to be back in the area... and what if I told you that, that didn't matter to me? I'm looking for someone special, and if it means waiting, I'd do it. We could spend quality time getting to know each other over the computer, phone, etc. and maybe I'd make a special trip down there to see if we liked each other enough to date when you got back? :) Special people are hard to come by."

He is a rather cute Irish fireman who lives in Methuen, MA - just over the boarder of NH. 

But, right now, and for the next few months, I’ve got too many things on my plate to be dating. And, I believe that if it's meant to happen with this guy, or any other guy, the opportunity will present itself again.  Although, that definitely contradicts what Nathan and I both said the other week regarding Mortgage Guy, that opportunity usually only knocks once.  

Dammit...

And lately, what is with the Irish thing??? It's been a LONG time since I dated an Irish guy...and now that's all I've been attracting - except Mortgage Guy.  What was he...?  French and Irish maybe?

Oh, and I watched another movie last night..."Boondock Saints." 


Meow-meow!  Good God - those Boston Irish boys.....

*looking at the time*

Wow - I need to get my head out of the clouds right now and get my butt in gear to go pick up Beth in NYC, and come back to NJ to watch her boyfriend's Rockabilly band play tonight.  Funny guy he is - as Beth put it, "He dresses like he works at a gas station."  I'm not going to argue with that - because he does.  :)  In a trendy sort of way, of course!

I love Rockabilly, and I'm anxious to see how good his band is, however, the bar is set REAL high because you all know I just love my Billygoats!!!! 






And get this....Beth's boyfriend's band is performing at Paul's Bar & Bowling in Paterson, NJ. 

Paterson, no less!!!!



This...................is going to be an interesting night!


No comments:

Post a Comment