Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day #10 - No TV/No POF

OK, so here I am....what day is this?  God, it's only day #10....!  Day ten....and I've already cheated - last night!  Yes, in a moment of weakness, and being too damn tired from work, to do anything but lay in bed, I watched a movie called, "Food, Inc."


First, let me say that I feel awful that I gave into the "Resistance," but I will say that at least my choice in cheating was educational!!

(Or am I just trying to justify my cheating?!)

Food, Inc.....holy crap - I'm never going to look at my grocery store the same, ever again! 

Big corporations just suck. They've strong-armed our farmers, and made this country fat!  So, for now on, I'm going to try my best to buy organic, and support my local farmer's market. 

Even if it's more expensive, I won't care.  I know myself, I'll probably be less wasteful, and more appreciative of what I'm eating.  Big corporations can kiss my foot!

So, if you haven't seen the movie - please do so.  It's quite enlightening!


Oh, and today at work, the fire inspector guy asked me out!

Awwww....and he was so sweet about it, and nervous!  Definitely nervous!!  Unfortunately, he's definitely NOT my type, because in about 10 years, I predict he's going to look a bit like "Fish" in that 70's sitcom "Barney Miller."  

Was that mean to say?

His nervousness was palpable, but he was a complete gentleman about asking me out - very old school.  It was cute - he all but said, "Gee wiz - would ya go out with me?"

I did decline in a horrible way.....I LIED!  Yes, I freaking lied.  And, I'm not feeling too good about myself for it, either!  I just couldn't tell him that I wasn't feeling it.  Can't tell sweet Fire Inspector Guy that he wasn't my type!  So, I lied. 

A big FAT LIE:  I said I already had a boyfriend.  (Which, we all know is far from the truth.) 

Looks like I'm on a roll.....cheated by watching a movie last night, and now I'm a liar. 

Going to go read Stephen King....I'm on page 103!

Nighty-night, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I can so relate - I lied too a month ago, to let a "regular" FWB down easy - I just wasnt feeling it anymore and how do you tell the real TRUTH sometimes... its just not pretty - not sure I would want the TRUTH myself... so I was ALL about RESPECT - went out one last time, and at the end of the night told him he wasnt invited in and an hour after via Instant Messanger - he totally dissed me - I shouldnt have wasted his time, I took advantage of him, blah, blah, blah... So much for treating someone like you'd like to be treated - "Let down easy with respect" . And he had the nerve to almost acuse me of being a lesbian..Can you Imagine???

    He said he would rather I had TXT him I just wasnt that into him anymore - SERIOUSLY???

    Oh did I mention he was 45 years old?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel bad about being a big fat liar. I've done it. We've all done it. : ) No guilt here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love you. I'm testing the comment thing here. I think I finally figured it out!

    ReplyDelete