Friday, February 12, 2010

Day #4 - No TV/No POF

Day #4......it was a typical Thursday for me. I went to work, was five minutes late because I forgot I had to clean the snow off RR2. 

I'm at work, I tell my Boss #1 (there are four of them) that my doctor appointment was rescheduled from 6:30pm to 5:00pm, and could I leave 15 minutes early.  He looks at me with the look of, "Why are you asking me this question," gaze.  He smiles at me and says, "Weren't you the only one to come yesterday when we had all that snow?  Of course you can, actually, why don't you leave 20 minutes early."

The day was going well, 4:15pm comes around and I start going over things with the PM to make sure that he has everything he needs, as I will not be in on Friday.  He's all set, but then turns around and says, "Oh, but did you put in an order for the......?"

Dammit!  No, I didn't....it's 4:30pm, and then next thing I know, it's 4:55pm after I'm done with the ordering....I'm going to be late for my doctor's appointment!

I'm panicking.  I race to grab my bag, turn off my computer and I yell good-bye, as I'm heading for the door.  Boss #1 says, "Hey Care, do you happen to have an extra BDP-1600 laying around?  I need one for a client I'm going to see tonight."

So much for leaving EARLY #1!!!!  And, why he couldn't ask me that two ago is beyond me!  HE ALWAYS DOES THIS TO ME.....Last Minute Larry!

MOTHER!

Hate being late...  Luckily, my doctor is always running late.

I get to my doctor's office, and the physician's assistant puts me in a room right away.  I know that there will still be a wait - because there's always a wait.  And I've come prepared!  I've got my Stephen King: On Writing
book in my bag!!!!!


I whip it out, and read 10 pages before he walked through the door.

I'm home by 6:30pm, pack my bag for NH - throw more than enough stuff than I need for my 3-day weekend into my trunk and drive 4 hours to NH.

I arrive at 11:30pm, exhausted.  I basically grab my luggage out of my trunk, kiss Mommer hello, carry my bag up to my bedroom, and go to bed. 

Tomorrow is another day, I fall to sleep happy to know that I've made it to page 86 in my book.....and POF is feeling like a distant memory........

No comments:

Post a Comment