Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day #3 - No TV/No POF

Yes, Beth, it feels like I'm inside the cage at the UFC!  It's me against temptation - or "Resistance," as The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles calls it.  

I call it, "procrastination!"  Yuck.

On day #3, I came home early because we had a snow "storm," and I like to put that word storm in quotes, because I think getting 6 or 8 inches of snow, and closing everything down is RIDICULOUS!


I was the ONLY employee to show up at work, and the bosses kicked me out at 1:00pm to go home early, before the driving got "really bad." 


Are you kidding me?  A snow storm is when you get two feet of snow, and you need to go home to shovel the snow off your roof, in fear that the weight just might collapse it! 


But, that's just my humble opinion.


Anyway, I managed on my Day #3 to read Stephen King: On Writing all the way up to page 78!  Woo-hoo!  Somehow, I ignored the sound of the TV coming from the living room, where my two roommates were watching American Idol - again.  And, I managed to ignore their bickering, too. 


The only problem I had today, was the two Netflix movies that have been sitting on top of my TV for the past week, were staring at me.  I know they are good movies, and I'm dying to watch them, but that's OK, because I just raised my book a little higher so I couldn't see the TV, nor the movies anymore!  Ha!


Resistance....you're not going to get me!  The gloves are off, baby! 


Off I go....day #3 complete. 


Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment