Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Date with Interior Designer Dude


Hi there!

You have a lovely profile and, needless to say, beautiful pictures. While I don't quite hit your age threshold, it seems we otherwise share some common ground - I'm English and Irish, love NPR, Italy, and country living (among other things!)  In any event, your profile really resonated with me and I felt compelled to write.

If you like what you see and think we have a chance at an interesting conversation I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Cheers

That was from Interior Designer Dude.  Yes, a "little older" at 52-years old, but he must have strong Irish genes because, MAYBE, he looks 42.  Good for him.  It must be all that good living in the country - my kind of guy.  He lives in a lovely area, right across the Hudson river from West Point, and wouldn't you know, the next town over from where The Architect lives.  (Hopefully, we won't be running into each other, well actually, I'D LOVE TO RUN INTO HIM! HMPH!)  

Interior Designer Dude had a great profile and pictures. I wrote back to him immediately and after a few emails throughout the day, he asked me if I would like to meet him for a drink. Why not?  I'm always one for spontaneity, so I said, "Yes."  It was Saturday night, and I had no plans. 

He picked out a place that was equal distance for the both of us to drive to - points for being considerate.  It was a new place call Axia in Tenafly, NJ.  Great place and I loved the decor.  

We sat at the bar and had a glass of wine, and  instantly the conversation was so easy with him.  It flowed back and forth - he had equal interest in me, as I did him.  I learned he was divorced with a 6-year old daughter and owned his own design firm.  Originally, he had started out as a party planner in New York City, and discovered a talent and passion for design.  God bless him, because as I told him, that I'm not that kind of person.  If I had to plan someone's party, I would probably break out in hives.

Overall, it was a nice evening with him. I enjoyed myself, and when we were walking to our cars he asked if I would like to see some of his work.  Of course, I would!

I slid into his velvety, leather Mercedes seat; he pulled out his Mac computer and started showing me pictures of his work.  It was very classic, very Architectural Digest - which reminded me of ANOTHER designer/architect I had dated out in Los Angeles, WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS.  That's the past.  Nonetheless, his work was classic and beautiful. 

Statuesque at 6'3", Interior Designer Dude was elegant in a very refined way, but at the same time youthful in spirit, as well as in looks. Had I seen him in the pages of a Banana Republic catalog before?  He never mentioned modeling, so maybe not.  Regardless, he treated me with the utmost respect, was cognizant of my personal bubble and didn't try to molest me at the end of our date. 

*DING!*

The kiss good-night was brief - just one kiss, and I was home before midnight. Again, points for him.

As a general rule, I find that most guys will ask me to text them to ensure I get home safely.  However, he didn't say anything to me when I left, but five minutes after I crawled into bed, I get this text:

Interior Designer Dude:  Did you get home okay?  Thank you so much for tonight.  You are wonderful, Carrie, and I'm smitten, what can I say?  Sweet dreams and I hope to see you again soon.

There you have it.  An easy date with a really nice guy.  FINALLY!  FINALLY!  FINALLY....I'm attracting the nice guys....and not "that guy" or "bad boys" anymore!  

We had our date last Saturday night, and already he's asked to see me again.  So, Thursday night we are going out to dinner after work.  He offered to cook me dinner, but I think that it's WAY too soon to be alone in his house.  I don't care HOW NICE he is....it's too tempting, so I told him he can show off his culinary skills at another time.  *winks*

Until then, I have other dates to go on, but he will definitely get a second date!

~Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment