Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to Break Up With Me

I have to post this - this is from a year ago from a guy that I was interested in - his name was Christopher.  We had gone out a few times - I knew he was interested in me, but I felt that there was something missing, and I was right.

*Big sigh*

As usual, my gut intuition was right.  Well, at least he didn't pull a dick-move and start avoiding me.  No....he had integrity, one of the things I liked about him.  *smiles*  He was a Free Mason - a Harvard graduate, and very cute, too. One night I got this email from him:

Carrie:

Hmmmmm....I am writing to tell you that I have to stop pursuing a relationship with you. 

I must apologize.  I have been talking with my ex-girlfriend, as it seems that there are still unsettled issues.  I kind of feel like a fool, after all of the conversations we have had about it...but...I do still have strong feelings for her.  It seems they are easy to avoid when you are not talking, and re-surface when you are...

I remember you talking about that self-centered guy, who didn't really care about anyone but himself.  So, I am trying to show you respect by being truthful with you and taking the time to express my feelings.

Carrie, I can't say enough wonderful things about you - you reminded me of a lot of things that were once important to me that I hadn't thought about for quite awhile.  You really are something else.  A real lady - a dying breed.  I am grateful for the time that we spent together, and don't think that I will ever forget you. I hope that you can take the time that we spent together at face value, and understand that it was genuine.

I don't know if you are able to still keep in touch, but I would like to, and would feel lucky to consider you a friend. 

I really did want to call, but I am afraid all of this would not come out the right way! Please understand...

My deepest respect,
Chris
 
So, that was that, and no we did not stay friends.  Glad I could keep him company while he figured out that he was still in love with his girlfriend!  That was my knee-jerk reaction, but I do have to say that it was a nice gesture to stay friends.

Ya.....but no!  I've already got enough friends.....thank...you...very...much!  *Hmph!*  Plus, why would I want to hang around and watch while he and his girlfriend got back together?  I'm a strong woman, but I'm not that strong.  I liked him enough that that would have definitely bothered me - watching them be all happy-happy. I just couldn't do it.

So, the only way I know to "un-like" someone is to wish them well, but end all communication.  Yes, he got a nice email back from me.  A nice, sweet email wishing him well...

So,that was that. Just my luck.  I'll add that one to the many reasons why I'm still single:  He went back to his ex-girlfriend.

Man, I have a way of picking them!

How do we say it girls????

NEXT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment