Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby, baby, baby!

When did pet names become used so loosely?  It seems as though in the dating world, people right off the bat start calling me: Babe, Baby, Sweetie and Hon.

I know what you are thinking, you are asking me what's wrong with that.  I should be thankful - they are sweet, endearing pet names.  But remember, I'm in the midst of the dating world, where I've met a lot of guys, and it's just a known fact that everyone has more than one person on their dating roster.

From the get-go, guys will call me everything - but by my name! 

I naturally think the worst before I think the best...so maybe, it's because they don't remember my name?

*laughing*

That would be horrible......but it's a reality!

Yes, THAT could truly be a possibility...you know how guys can be...don't want to screw up a chance with a girl, by accidentally calling her another name!  So, they use the more generic names they can't screw up like: Baby, Babe, Hon.

Seriously, what the Hell?  Isn't anything kept sacred anymore, or preserved for the long, sought-after Holy Grail - the monogamous relationship?

To me, pet names are reserved for the more serious relationship, and they are said with a sweet, sincere and endearing tone.  With guys I've met recently, it just seems as though after ONE date, they are calling me "Babe."

"Hey, Babe I want to see you tonight."

Yuck!  It really turns me off.  Look, I realize that I'm not the only girl they are dating...and to me, it's just kinda sleezey.  Like they are trying to convince me that the relationship is more than what it really is - c'mon! Silly boys......do they really think they can fool this red head?

Writing this, I am reminded of one time when I was dating a guy who was using the usual pets names with me.  We were only on our 3rd date.  We stopped at a store and as we were checking out, he grabs his bag and says to the cashier, "Thanks, Hon." 

Trust me, if I had felt anything for that guy before, I saw it fly out the window at that very second. Call me bajiggity, but I think if you are going to call me "Hon," then don't be calling anyone else that - especially the check-out girl, right in front of me!

So, guys...I think I can speak for most women; when dating, please refain from using pet-names too early - unless you are serious about the girl, because you're not fooling anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment