Thursday, October 15, 2009

If I'm jaded, it's because it's in my GENES!

Am I still single, because I'm somehow jaded?  Or, could it already be pre-programmed in my genes?!  How is it that both me and my brother have never been engaged, never married, and certainly, never had any kids.  

How have we both gone through life having pretty similar relationship experiences and have the same end result?

We are both good-looking, articulate, intelligent, personable, out-going people!  I don't get it. WTH?


Maybe we are both scared?  Is it self-fulfilling proficiencies?

Case and point: A few years ago, when I was living out in Los Angeles, I tried to entice my brother, Nathan, to come join me for a large pot-luck Thanksgiving with all my friends.
 

11-04-2005
Hey there sis.  I am using our new laptop while I am eating lunch at the bar. I love this WiFi stuff.  Not even plugged in anywhere.  I am just so fucking high-tech.

Been thinking about Thanksgiving, and that it would be nice to spend Thanksgiving with you and your friends, but its going to be a real busy week here at the bar.   Plus, my girlfriend's folks have invited Mom and I to dinner that day, which makes me think....if I bring my Mom to meet her Mom.......and we all have dinner together....then what's next?!



Engagement ring

Marriage

Kids

Divorce

Visitation/custody battles

Alcoholism

Psychotherapy

Bankruptcy

Pan-handling the streets

Recovery

Rehabilitation

Paranoia

Obesity

Insane asylums

Suicide attempts

Break outs

Excommunication

Heart failure

Cancer

Brain tumors

...and finally, a retirement community!

Shit! I just might try and find out if I can get a few days off that week and fly out!

Nathan



*Checking watch*

See that???? That was years ago....Nathan's relationship didn't last...and we are both...still...single!

It's gotta be there in the genetic make-up somehow.  I'm certain of it. 


1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Is that what I have to look forward to? Remind me to never have our families meet. ;)

    ReplyDelete