Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today is my birthday - I'll cry happy tears if I want to!

This is supposed to be a milestone birthday, so today, I want to say something from my heart.

I FEEL SO RICH AND BLESSED!
  How did I get so lucky?  I have the best support system of friends and family a girl could ever ask for. I'm so happy, I could burst!

So, on my birthday, I want to than all my friends and family who have helped shape and mold the person I have become today, as you all have helped me grow spiritually and mentally.

It's funny how we are all completely different - different personalities, looks, marital status - some live far, some live nearby - but it never matters, because we make the friendship work, no matter what.

You make it easy to be your friend.  No matter if it's been seven years since the last time I saw you, or seven days since we last spoke.  We always just pick up where we left off.  There's never any drama.  No blame-game.  We all understand that we all have busy lives and the only thing that's usually said is, "God, I've missed you."

You've all been my undying support team - through the good, the bad and the ugly.  Always laughing with me and never at me - never judging, just listening....well....wait.  Sometimes there is a stern, cold, hard slap of reality thrown in there, but usually it's a ear that just is there to listen, or a should to cry on, or a diplomatic point-of-view given.  Whatever the circumstance are, the advice has always been solid and thought-provoking.  And, when your advice has been exhausted or we come to a moot point, y'all know just the right moment to pour me a Jack & Coke...or Ginger, with your all-knowing smile and assurance on your face.

You bring so much to the table.  Your character, your wit, your intelligence, your inside and outside beauty, your humor, your dedication to our friendship, your integrity, your loyalty.  You share great common qualities that I deeply admire.  And, I'm so proud to call each one of you my friend. 

I'm blessed, because you are not jealous of each other.  It's all about the love.  Some of you have never met, but yet, you feel like you know each other already.  And, most importantly, you all want to meet each other - THAT means a lot to me.

So, on my birthday....this is my wish:  For all my girlfriends to meet, and hopefully it will be very soon.  (And it better not be at my *bleep* funeral! I'll be pissed!)

It took me 40 years to find all y'all...and today, I just wanted to tell you how much I love you, and really cherish your unfathomable love.  

Thank you for making my life so sweet.......



*Grabs tissue and blows nose*

2 comments:

  1. WELL. Let's talk about YOU for a moment. The reason why you have these amazing people in your life is because YOU are such a special and unique woman yourself!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth as far as how I feel about you too lady. I can't imagine my life the last 15 years without you in it. And on this day, that is YOUR DAY, please know how much I truly love you. As you said, no matter the time that passes, it goes unspoken, it does not or never will matter. We will ALWAYS pick up right where we left off. Forever. HAPPY F***** BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a true beauty - inside and out!!! Luv Ya! xoxo AK

    ReplyDelete